I’m still saying goodbye to summer and trying to embrace the fall season. However, I know that the holiday season will soon be here before you know it. Why not take some time to get a few projects accomplished so you don’t feel rushed and stressed during the holidays. You can carve out some time each weekend to get some projects done. Remember to write down all the action steps and schedule these steps (so important!) into your calendar, day planner or electronic calendar.
Here are some suggestions for immediate season:
- Switch out your wardrobe—clean and put away summer clothes and accessories. Give away any items that don’t fit or look fabulous on you.
- Clean and put away summer supplies and equipment (beach chairs, beach “toys”, patio furniture and accessories).
- Create some nice autumnal planters.
- Search for your Halloween costume at your local thrift store or on ebay.
- Make sure that your car is ready for the winter.
- De-clutter (and possibly paint) guest rooms to prepare for holiday visitors.
- Book your holiday travel now.
- Hire a professional to clean the chimney. Buy firewood.
- Hire a professional cleaning service for a “deep clean” of your home.
- Change out décor to reflect the season—cozier fabrics, textures and deeper colors.
- Scavenge the woods or your backyard to create an autumnal centerpiece with the addition of mini pumpkins and gourds.
- Get holiday shopping done in advance—yes it’s possible!
- Buy and/or print your holiday cards. Bonus points if you get the envelopes addressed.
- Plan your holiday parties now and send “Save the date” to friends and families. There are only 3 weekends before Christmas by the way.
- Order your day planner, if you use one (maybe you should), now for next year.
- Hire a professional to help organize your garage so you will actually be able to fit your car in there this winter. What a concept!
- Take care of yourself and take some fall hikes in the woods, mountains or your local park. Embrace the cool fresh air, the sunshine and the highly charged ions—they all enhance your physical, mental health and emotional health.