Do you have a knack for organizing?
Do you want to make clutter disappear?
Would you like to be a professional organizer? But not sure where to begin?
Come learn from a self-supporting professional organizer who’s been in business for 20 years!
Learn all the ins and outs of being a professional organizer. Yes, you can take a training course online, but it’s not the same as learning on the job.
AND learn how to be a successful business person who has a full client roster. This part is REALLY IMPORTANT.
Let me teach you business skills on how to attract clients and how to get them to hire you.
Do you need to sign up for this program? Maybe, but you find yourself thinking:Yeah, but I can do this on my own. Do you really know the ins and outs of setting up the foundation to a successful business or are you just going to wing it and hope for the best?
Yeah, well I’m just going to do the best I can until something bad happens.
Do you REALLY want to take that risk when you know there’s a significantly better way?
Yeah, I don’t have the time or money.
You absolutely cannot afford to NOT invest your time and money now. The key indicator of future success, i.e. money flow, is based on your current performance and know-how.
- The Thriving Professional Organizing Business Program is conducted as 10 weekly 1:1 coaching sessions.
- I bring 15+ years as a successful professional organizer, coach and business owner.
- In each session we dedicate roughly 50% of our time to addressing hot weekly issues and 50% to the weekly lesson. Client and coach can decide together, in the moment, where it’s best to apply time to particular hot issues.
Hear what others have to say:
“Inspiring, encouraging and extremely knowledgeable are the first words that come to mind when thinking about my many learning experiences with Maureen.Five years ago I was contemplating a career change. I knew I wanted to do something with organizing but I just wasn’t sure how or where to begin, nor did I know anything about the industry. Maureen offered me some much-needed insight into professional organizing. She takes the time to explain how to do something and why she does it that way. She is eager to share tips and insights into everything from booking clients to bookkeeping. She is self-motivated and puts herself out there by going above and beyond. Maureen has an outstanding work ethic and is knowledgeable in so many areas. I learned through her example how to be successful by working hard and giving your clients nothing less than 110%. I truly credit my success to her. Maureen also gave me the opportunity to work with her but more importantly she gave me the encouragement and confidence I needed to believe in myself and run with it. In my eyes she is priceless and I will be FOREVER grateful.” Lisa P., Professional Organizer
“As my new life is unfolding, I thought it was time to write this review, and share with others who could benefit. Maureen was a godsend, the right person at the right moment. I thought I was going to do on-the-job training with her, but I got so much more out of that. Not only is she smart and very knowledgeable about all-things-organizing, but also taught me so much about how to run the business, from relating to clients, to how and where to advertise, to doing paperwork and bookkeeping, and not least, to keeping healthy and balanced through it all. She shared so generously, and was kind and compassionate through the whole process, without cutting me more slack than needed . She remained available and supportive and a great resource whenever I needed more advice, which was very reassuring for someone new to the business. I am grateful, and I consider myself fortunate to have had Maureen as my trainer and coach and mentor.” Mirela D, Professional Organizer
The 10 Sessions are sequential and build towards going after what you want.
In this program you will learn:
What is Your Business?
- Visualization of What your Business Looks Like
- Whom Do You Help? What Are Their Problems?
- Business Plan—fill out simple business plan form (pdf download)
- Who is your target audience?
- Get your first/new clients today, know where your clients hang out and how to quickly go after them, build a client profile
- What is Your Irresistible Offer?
- How much money do you need to make? (pdf download)
Nuts and Bolts
- Choosing your business name
- Choosing your business entity (pdf download)
- Choosing your domain name
- Getting an EIN number; setting up webfile for qtrly taxes
- Register DBA at town/city hall
- Getting a business bank account, debit card and credit card
- Setting up book keeping to record income and expenses and mileage
- Set up PayPal, Venmo, Square accts
- Get liability insurance
- Get business cards–VistaPrint or other service
Establish your web presence and content; how to get your website off the ground; how to turn content into a leads funnel
- What are your deliverables?
- What your services/products are
- Who you are
- What distinguishes you from your competition
- Call to action!!
- Contact info
- Images and video
- Social Media
- LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube
- Intake form (pdf download)
- Assessment form (pdf download)
- Contract form (pdf download)
Check in on website development
- Get media citation—getting quoted
- Local sources, Patch.com, school’s website
- other sources looking for content; trade shows and trade publications
- Giving presentations; Speaking
- Craft and secure speaking gigs that sell; learn how to design your talk and generate leads and sales conversations from engagements
- Joint Ventures Partners
- Affiliate Partners
- Teaching classes
- Meetups, Business groups, Women’s groups, Chamber of Commerce
Sales Conversations—learning how to have them with ease (pdf download)
Review all work; Check in
Work on a job with me