Today is National Organize Your Home Office Day. Check out some of home office organizing tips below.
It’s also that time of year to start organizing our financial papers as the tax season is in full swing.
Please let me know if you need any help with organizing your office, your papers and/or your life.
The Organizing Diva-Professional Organizing Services
HOME OFFICE ORGANIZING
There are several things you can do to organize an efficient home office:
- If you don’t have a specific room, delineate a space by creating a zone with a rug or room screen divider.
- Consider buying a designated table or desk for your computer.
- another idea is to purchase a desk armoire to house your “office”
- Further create smaller zones in your office space, such as:
- storage for office supplies-could be a cabinet, shelf or closet
- reference area for books, CDs, and magazines
- a file cabinet or a file tote
- Create an area for a calendar, schedules and to-dos
- Consider purchasing a dry erase weekly calendar board
- sync your calendar board with your electronic calendar
- Post goals, schedules and Vision Board in a visible space (To-dos should be in a day planner or in an app)
- Consider this neat, customizable Daily Planner System from Pottery Barn
- Magnetic dry erase board
- Magnetic calendar board
- office organizer
- Letter bin
- Chalk board
- Linen pinboard
- Use the vertical space even if it is for decorative items like pictures, art or light fixtures
- Put papers that are no longer relevant into plastic file bins and put away into long-term storage (eg: past 7 years of tax papers)
- To downsize paper clutter, consider buying a ScanSnap high speed scanner which creates searchable PDFs.
- Remember to include some decorative touches, like artwork, photographs, plants, fresh flowers and/or aquariums.